January 1, 2012

Santa Belly Ornaments

Each year, I try to include a new Christmas ornament in each gift we give to our nieces, nephews, and children of friends so that they can add them to their collection. So, before we get too far away from Christmas, I guess I should share the ornaments I made for all of the kids this year.


I originally found the idea for Santa belly ornaments on A Crafty B via Pinterest. Hers turned out so cute, I thought they were a great idea to add to this year's gifts.


I wanted to add a little sparkle to change mine up a bit, so I sprinkled the black paint with black glitter before it dried.


 Turns out K-ster's toy tea cups were perfect little perches to place the ornaments in while they were drying.

{And a quick tip, if you decide to make these yourself:  Use a dry erase maker to sketch lines for the belt onto the ornament before painting. If you make a mistake, you can erase it. Then, just fill in between the lines with paint, dust with glitter, and allow to dry. I was able to erase the marker left behind once the paint was dry.}


I added one of the ornaments to the outside of the kids' gifts.


By the way, you may have noticed how I wrapped our gifts this year. I wanted to go simple, with the brown kraft paper, but still keep it cute and crafty.


So I used my scrapbook paper stash to make some bright, personalized gift tags and them wrapped each package with twine. I was very happy with the outcome. :o)


Pin It

22 comments:

  1. How cute ! I think we will have to add another Santa Belly to our tree. I love this. I would love for you to link this up to my new party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-1.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh these are adorable! What a fun gift or addition to the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--these are gorgeous! I'm pinning for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use black puffy paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! After I spread it out evenly with the tip of the bottle, I sprinkled black glitter all over the paint. :)

      Delete
  5. My puffy paint "ran". What do you think? Did i apply it too thick? or just not shake it well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...