February 28, 2012

Faux Chenille Blanket

I don't know if you've seen some of the great faux chenille blankets floating around Blog Land, but I instantly fell in love with the idea when I came across this lovely version over at Aestetic Nest. You should definitely check out her tutorial, because it is excellent.

When I found Anneliese's tutorial, I decided I wanted to make a faux chenille blanket for the little cutie that I talked about in my last post. And here's how it turned out.




Unfortunately, I decided to do so just one week before I would be meeting him. My recommendation is to start this one early, because it is definitely time consuming.


I had to sew EACH.AND.EVERY.LINE.




And then cut EACH.AND.EVERY.LINE.




But it was so worth it. With a cute, quilted print on one side and super soft, brightly colored "chenille" on the other, who couldn't love a blanket like this? Mommy and Daddy loved it so much they were using it themselves. I'm sure they'll give Daniel a chance to enjoy it, too.




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these bright fun colors! How darling. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post..love the colors and it's beautiful! You have a very cute blog and I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to come visit my blog sometime. Have a great weekend!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been tagged! Check it out!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...