October 19, 2011

Momma's Chore List

After graduating with my Master's degree in May, I was left with the entire summer off for the first time in years. When the school year started in September, I had to go back to work as a substitute teacher for our local school district. Going from having every day to tend to the craziness of every day life to having just a few hours each day during the week on top of having my head in a hundred places at once really threw my cleaning routine off.


I work much better when I see things in writing. Lists give me a visual reminder and I guess I just get a natural high from checking things off a list. So I thought I would make a cute little chore list that helped me to spread out the weekly housework so that I wouldn't spend my entire weekend cleaning.


It was pretty quick and easy too. I created a simple chore list using Microsoft Word and then put it in my frame which I spray painted to match my kitchen, where the list would be displayed.


It was looking rather plain though, so I thought I'd add a few embellishments. I made a simple black fabric rosette and paired it with a couple of buttons...


And hot glued them to the frame.


I added some Velcro to the dry erase marker to keep it attached to the frame and it was good to go!


So far, it's certainly been a big help in reminding me of what needs to be done and when in order to keep my family's busy days free from worries of housework and the weekends *almost* free of housework.

This posted is linked up to:

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is super cute!! What a great idea to remind and accessorize the kitchen!! Love it!!
    I'm your newest follower, would love you to follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea to keep up with chores and stay organized. I am a new follower from Tuesday Time Out. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!! And it is always good to get new organizing ideas! We just posted a cleaning post on Mon :)
    Steph
    Everygreatday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Cute frame too! Thank you for linking up to my Handmade Gift Directory. :) I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chore list. I had done something similar with a page protector--but it was no where near as cute as yours--and I never used it.
    Thanks for posting such a simple idea to help with organization.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need something like that! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...