December 30, 2011

Meet My Brother...

Meet my Brother...


Okay, that was TOTALLY not the Brother I was talking about. But if you're interested...

Readers, meet Thomas. Thomas, meet readers.

Oh, and he just got engaged on Christmas. That's his step-son-to-be, Brody, in the picture with him.

So, congratulations to him, blah, blah, blah, [just kidding...love you Thomas :o)] now MEET MY BROTHER...


Thaaaaaat's right folks. I finally got my new sewing machine [thank you Hubby] AND. I. LOVE. IT.
It's a Brother CP7500 with digital controls and display...


and 70 different stitches...


My old machine needed to go. With only two stitches (straight or zig-zag), no way to do a buttonhole, and way too many unserviced years of use, I just could not sew with it the way I wanted to.


A big, ginormous THANK YOU goes out to both my husband, who bought the machine for me, and my Aunt Keli, who very slyly found out what type of machine I wanted and passed on the information. AWE.SOME.

I've already completed my first two projects using my new machine, but I can't share them yet. (They're late Christmas gifts for people who have not yet received them and I know they read my blog!)


But check out who else wanted in on the action...


 The Hubby actually sat down at the machine and sewed for the first time since 7th grade home-economics. Look how fantastic he did!


So proud. :op

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I'll be catching you up on all of the fun handmade gifts I gave this year--the main reason I've been neglecting the poor blog for the last few weeks, but it's worth the wait, I promise!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...