November 8, 2011

Cupcakes, Banners, and a Great Substitute for Shower Games...

Last month my brother-in-law got married to a wonderful and sweet girl. We are all very excited to have her officially join the family. But before we could have a wedding we had to have a bridal shower, of course. And no bridal shower is complete without...CAKE. And not just cake, but cupcakes. These super awesome cupcakes that were made my none other than yours truly.


I'll give you a second to wipe the drool off your keyboard.

I made each one of those chocolate "M's." Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the steps to show you how to do it, but I will list the steps for you.

1. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 10-20 intervals, stirring between each time.
2. Spoon the melted chocolate into a plastic condiment bottle. This is messy--watch out!
3. Place a printed sheet of your letter (or any other design) on a cookie sheet and then lay a sheet of parchment or waxed paper over top of that. I simply printed as many M's that would fit onto a sheet of paper using my printer.
4. "Draw" out your letters or designs with the melted chocolate using your template as a guide.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set.
6. Use to decorate your cupcakes!
*Note: I would recommend keeping them in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them. We had an unusual warm spell this October which caused some of mine to soften and become deformed when I left them out.*


And a close up of the deliciousness for your to drool over once again.


I made those black and white paper wrappers too. They were super simple, actually. I found this template through Pinterest (love that site) and modified it to fit my cupcakes. I traced it onto the back of scrapbooking paper, cut them out, used double sided tape to stick the ends together, and then placed the cupcakes inside. Super cute, super cheap, and super easy...a trifecta.

These stands were pretty quick and easy too.

Annie's Eats had a great tutorial on how to make these stands. They were so easy and I had all of the supplies already at home, so it cost me virtually nothing!

Here's my Kaeleigh enjoying her yummy cupcake...


I am not, I repeat, NOT, the kind of person who likes to play shower games. Luckily, neither are my in-laws, so no one got stuck playing "Bridal Bingo" or the like (sorry to those of you who like to). But we knew we had to have some kind of time filler to make things a little interesting.


So I came up with this idea. The plaque in the frame reads:

Please share one of your favorite recipes (or two) with Jennifer by filling out one of the recipe cards. All recipes will be given to her in the recipe album. Thank you for coming!

These are the cards I made up. I just used Microsoft Word to create the blank recipe card and then printed them onto cardstock cut to the appropriate size.

I also "made" the album. Well, I didn't make it, per se, but I did decorate it. It's just a simple photo album that I dolled up a bit with some ribbon and scrap-booking supplies.

In the first insert, I put a card with Julia Child's quote, "Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." I thought it was appropriate for the gift and circumstances combined. :o)

So I couldn't just stop at that, because then I would have to be considered a sane person. I'm not sane. I'm far from it. So my next project to contribute to this occasion was an "I Do" banner.

And I close up...


Each of those little hearts is made from scrap-booking paper and then strung onto twine. I used my Cricut to cut the circles and the "I Do's" and then attached them to the twine with tiny clothes pins which I thought gave it a cute little touch.


And I think the then bride-to-be, Jen, was very happy and had a great time. Here she is with her "new" niece!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. website A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...