February 1, 2012

Fabric Donations {Giraffe Grins Charity}

You may remember from this post that I am now an affiliate for the Giraffe Grins Charity. It's a wonderful charity started by Dee over at The CSI Project that makes and send bright and cheery pillowcases to children's hospitals in the hopes of brightening the day of a sick child. I will be sending pillowcases to the Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital in Syracuse, NY.

Source
 
Just before Christmas I received my first very fabric donation to be used for this purpose. This generous donation came from one of my fellow substitute teachers from the local school district where I work. So, thank you! 



I'm still looking for donations, though. If you'd like to get involved with the Giraffe Grins Charity by sending fabric donations, please contact me at mitchetr192(at)gmail(dot)com. For those of you inquiring about quantities, the tutorial I'm using for the pillow cases requires 1 and 1/2 yard of fabric (for the body) and 1/2 (for the trim) to make two pillowcases.


I'm very excited to get started on making pillowcases now that the holiday chaos is over and the dust has settled. I'll share before shipping them off!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...