January 9, 2012

Build Your Own Fort Kit

If you're on Pinterest (and why wouldn't you be--it's like the coolest, most addicting website on the face of the planet), then you've probably seen different versions of the "fort kit" floating around. I pinned this one as inspiration for my nephew-to-be's Christmas gift. And this was my end result...


I made a cube-ish bag with a shoulder strap to hold all of the fort "materials." I got the basic design from the Ruffled Silhouette Tote Bag made by Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous. I just modified the measurements of the bag to what I need to put inside and the strap to the little one who would be carrying it.


 Every fort needs a sheet or two, but sheets with ties attached are much better. So I stitched the edges of 16-inch strips of double fold bias tape closed and then attached one to each corner off a twin sized sheet.


I did this for two sheets because two sheets means a bigger, cooler, awesome-er fort. And who doesn't want that?

 

Other things I included in the kit: rope, flashlight (with batteries), large clips, and clothes pins.


To pull it all together I printed off the "Deluxe Fort" tag (which I modified slightly from the original using Picnik), laminated it, and attached it to the handle of the bag with a book ring.



And there you have a Build Your Own Fort Kit.




This project was featured:



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Nap Time Crafters! Such a fantastic post! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is the fort in a bag - I love it! Pinning and tweeting! Thank you for linking up!

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...